Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"Blue" Japanese calligraphy



"" (sei, ao). It is translated as blue, young, clear, etc.
This character is written by Kanzi,
Regular script.

Etymology : Ideogrammic compound
青 ⇒ 生 (lifetime, birth) +  丹 (vermilion, well)

丹 : The meaning is the well where pigments collected.
It is interesting that this character was created by the distinction-colored meaning.

The blue is the color, that is good for the stage something is born.
The youthfulness seems to symbolize the future when was full of hope.


"Blue" It lets me expect of reincarnation.

11 comments:

  1. Not 生 plus 月 (Birth of the moon)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always amazaed at Japanese Calligraphy. It makes want to learn the Japanese language actually.
    Wonderful!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue is beautiful!
    Thanks for the lesson:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ruma, je ne crois pas un jour être capable de lire ces mots !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a nice one, I think, not too difficult for even an ancient one, like me, to write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonita e interesante caligrafía...azul es transparencia. Saludos
    Ramón

    ReplyDelete
  7. Si uno quiere puede imaginarse a un ser saltando por encima de un obstáculo para poder abrir el espacio a la comunicación para la siguiente reencarnación. Azul, el color que me acompaña siempre :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your wonderful words!
    This is one of the most beautiful & interesting blogs i have seen lately, thanks for sharing these pictures & words with us.
    Have a nice sunday.
    R.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blue is the most fascinating colour for me. Your work is a great gift! Please, visit my blog - there are some blue impressions for you my friend. Hugs from Luzia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Ruma
    I'm from Nara, Ao Ni Yoshi, they say from old days.
    It is interesting to know how each Kanji was composed ethnologically.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like it so much perfect for wall designing.


    Laby[tuxedo tails]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following my blog,
and enjoying precious time with me.