Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

"Deep" Japanese calligraphy




 "" (shin, fukai). It is translated as deep, far, extreme, etc.
 This character is written by Kanzi,
Regular script.

 "旁" is an original character of "深"
 Etymology : Ideogram
 深 ⇒ 穴 (hole) + 又 (and) + 火 (fire)

 The meaning that let fire in the hole and look for.
 It is such a deep position.

 Yes. Probably there may be something precious.
 Therefore I may have wanted to arrive at the depth.


 The curiosity to go to the difficulty.
 The relaxation in search of an ease.
 The both are my hearts.

9 comments:

  1. I am deeply appreciate of your blog and all it has taught me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usually beautiful and deeply touching lesson!
    Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'aime toujours voir ces caractères, même si je ne pourrai jamais en faire un :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have written Kanji or Chinese words using brush during primary school... I don't miss them as I was not good at it but seeing your postings for the past few months really make felt importance as I understand each words more then ever ! Beautiful strokes as usual... and I am going back to writing them myself !!! Thanks !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also felt and thought about Nin(忍)from your photos of snowy landscapes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wong Ching Wah is right!
    Chinese characters had been always so close to my life that I took them for granted.
    Now I'm learning from you and started to realize how important and beautiful Chinese characters are.
    Holes or abysses are mysterious as well as scary when I can't see the bottoms.
    Thank you, ruma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gracias Ruma por acercarnos estos lugares a través de tu objetivo, captando bellas fotografias como éstas. Igualmente te agradezco nos muestre tu estupenda caligrafía y su significado. Me gusta mucho. Saludos y que tengas una buena semana.
    Ramón

    ReplyDelete
  8. What can be more profound than purity?
    as always your pictures are food for the soul... thanks.
    a hug

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following my blog,
and enjoying precious time with me.